Authors: TheIndianSubcontinent News Agency
Borussia Dortmund on Sunday said Ousmane Dembele remained suspended "until further notice" for skipping training this week, as speculation continues to swirl over the wantaway forward's possible move to Barcelona.
"Borussia Dortmund have decided to maintain the player Ousmane Dembele's suspension from team training until further notice," the Bundesliga outfit said in a statement.
Dembele was sanctioned after he failed to show up for practice on Thursday, the same day Dortmund announced they had rejected Barca's opening offer for the France international.
The youngster was fined and initially suspended until Monday, missing Dortmund's 4-0 win over Rielasingen-Arlen on Saturday.
"Our focus is now on a concentrated preparation of the team for the Bundesliga opening match in Wolfsburg this coming weekend," Dortmund's sporting director Michael Zorc said in a statement.
"Ousmane Dembele of course has the option to train separately from the group."
Dembele, who at the age of just 20 is considered one of the top talents in Europe, has been hotly pursued by the Spanish giants to fill the void left by Neymar's move to Paris Saint-Germain for a world-record 222 million euros ($260 million).
German tabloid Bild has reported that Dortmund want an eye-watering 150 million euros ($175 million) for their rising star, a price Barca have bristled at.
Dembele himself has made clear he is keen to join the Catalans, and German media have suggested his no-show at training may have been intended to put pressure on the negotiations.
Dortmund said the initial bid made by Barca did not reflect the young winger's "extraordinary" value or the current state of the transfer market.
- Justice League Begins Overseas Run, Claims Top Opening Day of All Time in Brazil
- ‘Coco’ Becomes Highest-Grossing Film Ever in Mexico
- US official: If Turkey buys Russian systems, they can’t plug into NATO tech
- France invests in ventures focused on advanced defense tech
- Da Vinci portrait of Christ sells for record $450.3 million in New York
- 370,000 undocumented Afghan refugees registered across country
- Investments, good services can make living in Arctic more attractive — experts
- US to provide additional $47 million for Rohingya needs in Bangladesh
- Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro (2018), Galaxy J5 Prime (2017) spotted online
- Box Office Predictions: Vidya Balan’s Tumhari Sulu Zareen Khan’s Aksar 2
- Serena Williams Alexis Ohanian Are MARRIED!
- Rupee breaks free, runs up 69 paise on Moody's India upgrade
- Tim Paine gets nod for Ashes as Australia overhaul Test squad
- Mecanoo reveals renovation plans for New York Public Library
- NATO seeks to put Georgia at forefront of anti-Russian campaign — Russian diplomat
- Eliminate Those Who Indulge In Violence In Kashmir: Govt To Security Forces
- India, Bangladesh Hold Joint Military Training Exercise
- Russia hopes for further cooperation with Zimbabwe — Ministry of Industry and Trade
- Putin’s aide and US envoy for Ukraine may meet again in 2017
- NHL at 100: share your favourite hockey moments