German Foreign Minister Sigmar GabrielMichael Kappeler/dpa via AP
BERLIN, December 11. /TASS/. German Foreign Minister Sigmar Gabriel has supported the idea put forward by his fellow party member, leader of the Social Democratic Party of Germany Martin Schulz to set up the United States of Europe by 2025.
The minister noted that politicians are often criticized for the lack of a vision for the EU development. "Now someone, namely, Martin Schulz, has put forward an idea on how Europe should develop further, and everyone immediately began to criticize him," the minister told the ARD television on Sunday. According to Gabriel, Schulz’s proposal is aimed at turning the EU into "a representative of citizens’ interests." "This is really necessary," the top diplomat stressed.
"This idea is feasible, perhaps, only for the generation of my grandchildren," German Defense Minister, Ursula von der Leyen, said commenting on the issue.
On Thursday, Schulz said a Constitution treaty, which will ensure the creation of a federal Europe, is required. He noted that "the sad news today is that Europe is incompetent in many issues.".
In other media
- #FE名シーン is trending at 10 in Japan
- D.A.N is trending at 9 in Japan
- TK引退 is trending at 8 in Japan
- KEIKO is trending at 7 in Japan
- #マックスむらいに質問 is trending at 6 in Japan
- #美樹さやか is trending at 5 in Japan
- ウサミン is trending at 4 in Japan
- #せふほで本性が分かる is trending at 3 in Japan
- 小室さん is trending at 2 in Japan
- 小室哲哉 is trending at 1 in Japan
- EURO 2024 is trending at 10 in world
- Edgar Allan Poe is trending at 9 in world
- 20 AAP MLAs is trending at 8 in world
- #VendrediLecture is trending at 7 in world
- 小室哲哉 is trending at 5 in world
- #ReleaseTheMemo is trending at 4 in world
- #HrantDink is trending at 2 in world
- #KarneGünü is trending at 1 in world
- Jhye Richardson is trending at 10 in India
- #BANvSL is trending at 8 in India