PRAGUE, November 24. /TASS/. Czech President Milos Zeman said that the republic supports the construction of the Nord Stream-2 gas pipeline.
The Czech leader, who is on an official visit to Russia, said this in an interview with Prague's Barrandov TV channel, which was broadcast late on Thursday.
"I can express the Czech Republic’s support to the Nord Stream-2. I am glad that the Czech Republic has its own stance (on this issue - TASS) and protects its own interests," Zeman said.
He said that the country’s decision to support the Nord Stream-2 project was taken on the basis of the recommendations of the Czech Industry and Trade Ministry.
Milos Zeman's visit to Russia began on Monday and will end on Friday. He held talks with Russian President Vladimir Putin, met with Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev. During his trip to Russia the Czech leader is accompanied by the largest ever delegation of businessmen of the republic.
The Nord Stream-2 natural gas pipeline is planned to be commissioned by the end of 2019. The pipeline is expected to come into service at the end of 2019. It is set to run from the Russian coast along the Baltic Sea bed to the German shore. Each of the pipeline’s two stretches will have a capacity of 27.5 billion cubic meters. The new pipeline will double the capacity of the first stretch and will basically follow its route. Capital expenditures on the project are estimated at 8 billion euros and its total cost will amount to 9.9 billion euros, taking into account project financing.
In other media
- The Walt Disney Company to Acquire Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc., after Spinoff of Certain Businesses, for $52.4 Billion in Stock
- Alcons Pro-Ribbons Deliver FLIX Cinema’s Platinum Quality
- Ajay Bijli of PVR Limited Receives “Exhibitor of the Year” Award at CineAsia 2017
- 4DX Forms New Partnership with Malaysia’s Golden Screen Cinemas and Signs Strategic Deal with PVR Cinemas to Launch Another Sixteen 4DX Screens in India
- Cinemark Announces Grand Opening of New 8-Screen Theatre with Luxury Lounger Recliners and XD Auditorium in Spanish Fork, Utah
- Atom Tickets Teams Up With Showcase Cinemas To Expand Digital Ticketing To Even More Screens In the Northeast
- Long Range Forecast: ‘Fifty Shades Freed’ ‘Peter Rabbit’
- Barco receives the Technology Innovator Award at CineAsia 2017
- Thursday Night Report: ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Launches to $45M Domestic; Reaches $60.8M Overseas In Two Days
- Cinemark Promotes Don Harton and Damian Wardle to Executive Vice President
- US Army may send larger deployments to Europe
- American exodus? 17,000 US defense suppliers may have left the defense sector
- As tensions ease, China keeps building on disputed islands
- New Navy secretary report criticizes service culture and top brass decisions
- The Army is testing if it wants to operate combat drones remotely
- Italian pilot school achievements may benefit American T-X trainer program
- US: Ballistic missiles fired on Saudi Arabia were provided by Iran
- Russia's naval updates threaten undersea comms network, says top British military officer
- US Army Europe is getting a new commander from 25th ID
- A road map and recipe for US-India defense ties