MOSCOW, November 22. /TASS/. Security chiefs of Russia, Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan have held talks in Moscow focusing on the war on terror, Russia’s Security Council press service said on Wednesday.
"A first informal meeting of secretaries of the Security Councils of Russia, Afghanistan and other states of the Central Asian region (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan) has taken place," the press service.
The participants "emphasized the need to boost regional cooperation on Afghanistan-related issues, discussed the fight against terrorism and drug trafficking, touched upon national reconciliation in Afghanistan and protection of all Afghan ethnic groups’ interests," the press release says.
"[Russian Security Council Secretary Nikolay] Patrushev expressed the hope that the practice of such meetings would continue in the future and would allow to enhance practical interaction and to join efforts in the security sphere," the press service said.
Apart from the talks, Patrushev held a separate meeting with Afghanistan’s National Security Advisor Mohammad Atmar.
"The Russian-Afghan economic cooperation, interaction among the special services and law enforcement agencies and prospects for cooperation in defense technologies have been discussed," the press release said. The high-ranking officials "paid special attention to the fight against ISIL [former name of the Islamic State terrorist organization outlawed in Russia - TASS] and against other international terrorist organizations operating in the territory of Afghanistan.".
In other media
- The Walt Disney Company to Acquire Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc., after Spinoff of Certain Businesses, for $52.4 Billion in Stock
- Alcons Pro-Ribbons Deliver FLIX Cinema’s Platinum Quality
- Ajay Bijli of PVR Limited Receives “Exhibitor of the Year” Award at CineAsia 2017
- 4DX Forms New Partnership with Malaysia’s Golden Screen Cinemas and Signs Strategic Deal with PVR Cinemas to Launch Another Sixteen 4DX Screens in India
- Cinemark Announces Grand Opening of New 8-Screen Theatre with Luxury Lounger Recliners and XD Auditorium in Spanish Fork, Utah
- Atom Tickets Teams Up With Showcase Cinemas To Expand Digital Ticketing To Even More Screens In the Northeast
- Long Range Forecast: ‘Fifty Shades Freed’ ‘Peter Rabbit’
- Barco receives the Technology Innovator Award at CineAsia 2017
- Thursday Night Report: ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Launches to $45M Domestic; Reaches $60.8M Overseas In Two Days
- Cinemark Promotes Don Harton and Damian Wardle to Executive Vice President
- US Army may send larger deployments to Europe
- American exodus? 17,000 US defense suppliers may have left the defense sector
- As tensions ease, China keeps building on disputed islands
- New Navy secretary report criticizes service culture and top brass decisions
- The Army is testing if it wants to operate combat drones remotely
- Italian pilot school achievements may benefit American T-X trainer program
- US: Ballistic missiles fired on Saudi Arabia were provided by Iran
- Russia's naval updates threaten undersea comms network, says top British military officer
- US Army Europe is getting a new commander from 25th ID
- A road map and recipe for US-India defense ties