On Wednesday evening, November 15, Marcus Theatres sponsored the 2nd Annual Hollywood Movie Night benefiting Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin. All proceeds from this year’s event held at the Marcus Majestic Cinema of Brookfield supported Children’s Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NIC). Thanks to the support of nearly 450 business and community leaders, the event raised more than $104,000 to grow and sustain the life-saving care provided by the NICU.
In addition to supporting a great cause, attendees were among the first to see the premiere of the inspiring new Julie Roberts film, “Wonder,” which played in both of the Majestic’s newly installed UltraScreen® DLX auditoriums. Before the movie, guests enjoyed delicious tasting stations, an amazing silent auction, “Wheel of Wonder” prize wheel and a “Kindness Rocks” decorating station inspired by the movie’s message of choosing kindness. Many attendees also went home with a teddy bear thanks to Brave Beginnings, a program of the Will Rogers Motion Picture Pioneers Foundation that works to ensure ventilators and life-saving neonatal equipment are always available to newborns in critical need.
On the heels of this success, Marcus Theatres, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin and their many supporters are already looking forward to the 3rd annual event in the fall of 2018!
- The Walt Disney Company to Acquire Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc., after Spinoff of Certain Businesses, for $52.4 Billion in Stock
- Alcons Pro-Ribbons Deliver FLIX Cinema’s Platinum Quality
- Ajay Bijli of PVR Limited Receives “Exhibitor of the Year” Award at CineAsia 2017
- 4DX Forms New Partnership with Malaysia’s Golden Screen Cinemas and Signs Strategic Deal with PVR Cinemas to Launch Another Sixteen 4DX Screens in India
- Cinemark Announces Grand Opening of New 8-Screen Theatre with Luxury Lounger Recliners and XD Auditorium in Spanish Fork, Utah
- Atom Tickets Teams Up With Showcase Cinemas To Expand Digital Ticketing To Even More Screens In the Northeast
- Long Range Forecast: ‘Fifty Shades Freed’ ‘Peter Rabbit’
- Barco receives the Technology Innovator Award at CineAsia 2017
- Thursday Night Report: ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Launches to $45M Domestic; Reaches $60.8M Overseas In Two Days
- Cinemark Promotes Don Harton and Damian Wardle to Executive Vice President
- US Army may send larger deployments to Europe
- American exodus? 17,000 US defense suppliers may have left the defense sector
- As tensions ease, China keeps building on disputed islands
- New Navy secretary report criticizes service culture and top brass decisions
- The Army is testing if it wants to operate combat drones remotely
- Italian pilot school achievements may benefit American T-X trainer program
- US: Ballistic missiles fired on Saudi Arabia were provided by Iran
- Russia's naval updates threaten undersea comms network, says top British military officer
- US Army Europe is getting a new commander from 25th ID
- A road map and recipe for US-India defense ties