A militant from Tral, Mohammad Ishaq, wanted by the police since December 2015 for threatening sarpanchs and panchs, is believed to be in a same-sex relationship....
NEW DELHI: Slain Lashkar member Abu Dujana was just one of many terrorists in Jammu & Kashmir who don't hesitate to take a break from the violence to indulge in amorous affairs or force themselves on their victims.
The objects of affection or lust may not always be women, with there being a recorded case of a Hizbul Mujahideen militant from Tral being in a relationship with another man. Another terrorist from Anantnag, Aadil Ahmed Reshi, killed on January 15 this year, was involved with a married woman from Srinagar. The identities of the 'lovers' are being withheld.
A look at the files of militants, both active and killed in the recent past, provides insight into how they lower their guard in between their kills to romance or claim partners in the residential areas of Kashmir. The case histories, accessed exclusively by TOI, show as many as 14 terrorists from diverse groups like Lashkar-e-Taiba, Jaish-e-Mohammad and Hizbul Mujahideen to be involved in "womanising". Of these, eight were killed between December 26, 2015, and August 5, 2017, while one was arrested upon surrender.
As many as five are active terrorists. One on the radar is Sayar Wani, a Hizbul Mujahideen militant in Kulgam who allegedly uses the houses of "girlfriends" as hideouts, and forces himself on others at gun-point. He currently has a reportedly steady relationship with a girl from Yaripora.
A militant from Tral, Mohammad Ishaq, wanted by the police since December 2015 for threatening sarpanchs and panchs, is believed to be in a same-sex relationship.
Of course, the liaisons come with serious security risks. The movements of terrorists are compromised due to frequent visits to their lovers, not to talk of bitter ex-girl friends turning informers.
Umar Majeed Ganai, linked to Hizbul, killed five policemen and two civilians when he attacked a cash van in April. There is a Rs 10 lakh reward for information on his whereabouts. But this has not deterred him from having an affair with a girl from Kulgam.
There are also cases of foreign terrorists from Pakistan and POK being involved with Kashmiri girls. Dujana, who was married to a local woman, was having an affair with another. He was apparently killed not in the wife's house at but at his alleged girlfriend's.
Another 'most wanted' terrorist, Bashir Ahmed Wani of Anantnag, who was killed on July 1, was known to be in a relationship with a person from Dialgam. Danish Dar of Sopore used his love interest's house as a hideout, but ran out of luck on August 5, when he was killed.
Junaid Ahmed Mattoo, a Lashkar terrorist who had gunned down two policemen in June 2016, was involved with a woman from Arwani. He was killed in June.
- 黒羽根 is trending at 10 in Japan
- コミティア撤収 is trending at 9 in Japan
- #ボカマニ is trending at 8 in Japan
- サクラアンプルール is trending at 7 in Japan
- Whitney is trending at 6 in Japan
- 札幌記念 is trending at 4 in Japan
- #アニNEXT is trending at 3 in Japan
- 台風13号 is trending at 1 in Japan
- Timor Leste is trending at 10 in world
- Sagrada Familia is trending at 9 in world
- Dick Gregory is trending at 7 in world
- #حساب_يستحق_المتابعه is trending at 6 in world
- #PushAwardsKathNiels is trending at 5 in world
- #MissBrasil is trending at 4 in world
- 릴리안 is trending at 2 in world
- #نواف_العابد is trending at 1 in world
- Messiah Of Humanity is trending at 10 in India
- HISTORIC MERSAL AUDIO is trending at 9 in India
- Mohammad Jamshed is trending at 8 in India
- Be Hit Platelet Donor is trending at 7 in India