Indian Coast Guard ship Shaurya was commissioned by Union Minister Dharmendra Pradha
Indian Coast Guard ship 'Shaurya' was commissioned today in Goa by Dharmendra Pradhan.
It is the fifth in the series of six 105m Offshore Patrol Vessels (OPVs).
This 105 meters OPV has been designed and built Indigenously by Goa Shipyard Ltd.
Indian Coast Guard ship 'Shaurya', the fifth in the series of six 105m Offshore Patrol Vessels (OPVs), was commissioned in Goa by Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas Dharmendra Pradhan today in the presence of Director General Rajendra Singh and other senior officials of the Central and state governments.
'Shaurya' meaning courage is a projection of Indian Coast Guard's will and commitment "To serve and protect" the maritime interest of the nation. The ship is based at Chennai, Tamil Nadu under the operational and administrative control of Commander Coast Guard Region (East).
This 105 meters OPV has been designed and built Indigenously by Goa Shipyard Ltd and is fitted with state-of-the-art navigation and communication equipment, sensors and machinery. The features include 30 mm CRN 91 Naval Gun, integrated Bridge System (IBS), Integrated Machinery Control System (IMCS), Power Management System (PMS) and High Power External Fire Fighting System. The ship is designed to carry one twin engine light helicopter and five high speed boats including two Quick Reaction Inflatable Boats for swift boarding operations, search and rescue, law enforcement and maritime patrol. The ship is also capable for carrying pollution response equipment to contain oil spill at sea.
The ship draws 2350 tons (GRT) propelled by two 9100 KW diesel engines to attain a maximum speed of 23 knots and has an endurance of 6000 NM at economical speed. The sustenance and reach coupled with the latest and modern equipment and systems, provides her the capability to perform the role of a command platform and accomplish all Coast Guard charter of duties.
The ship will be deployed extensively for EEZ surveillance and other duties as enshrined in Coast Guard Charter, to safeguard the maritime interests of India. Presently Indian Coast Guard has a fleet of 129 Ships & boats and 72 Ships & boats are at various stages of construction at different shipyards in India.
Shaurya is commanded by Deputy Inspector General DS Chauhan and manned by 12 officers & 94 men.
- 黒羽根 is trending at 10 in Japan
- コミティア撤収 is trending at 9 in Japan
- #ボカマニ is trending at 8 in Japan
- サクラアンプルール is trending at 7 in Japan
- Whitney is trending at 6 in Japan
- 札幌記念 is trending at 4 in Japan
- #アニNEXT is trending at 3 in Japan
- 台風13号 is trending at 1 in Japan
- Timor Leste is trending at 10 in world
- Sagrada Familia is trending at 9 in world
- Dick Gregory is trending at 7 in world
- #حساب_يستحق_المتابعه is trending at 6 in world
- #PushAwardsKathNiels is trending at 5 in world
- #MissBrasil is trending at 4 in world
- 릴리안 is trending at 2 in world
- #نواف_العابد is trending at 1 in world
- Messiah Of Humanity is trending at 10 in India
- HISTORIC MERSAL AUDIO is trending at 9 in India
- Mohammad Jamshed is trending at 8 in India
- Be Hit Platelet Donor is trending at 7 in India